Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cabbage Soup

Cabbage Soup
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans water

6 medium onions
5 stalks of celery
6 medium carrots
12 brussel sprouts (optional)
1 medium sized cabbage
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn

4 zucchini (optional)

Parsley, pepper, dash of salt, hot and spicy Mrs. Dash, and vegetable seasoning.

Chop everything up and put into a big pot. Add the parsley, pepper, salt, Mrs. Dash, and vegetable seasoning.   Once you bring this to a boil, simmer for approximately two hours.  During the last half hour, put in the chopped zucchini.

Versions of this soup have been around for decades.  I remember my mom making her version of this when I was little.  I have made this with strained tomatoes when I didn't have tomato soup and  I have also used whole tomatoes instead of diced.  As always, have fun with it, add in your favourites, take out your not so favourites (brussel sprouts- ugh).  :D 

#Soup #Cabbage

4 comments:

  1. I remember my mom making a version of this soup growing up also! I will have to make this sometime soon. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that looks healthy and very filling!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete