Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dairy Free and Egg Free Oatmeal Cookies

I have been making this cookie for over 15 years.  A friend gave me the recipe and I 'Christine'd It' just a little. ;)  I will admit I'm not a big fan of margarine, I prefer butter, but I do have a few family and friends that cannot have dairy and eggs and this recipe is very good.  I often get requests to make this even from people that can eat dairy and eggs. :D

Dairy Free Oatmeal Cookies
                                                                                           Pic by Christine It


1 cup margarine (Crystal Margarine bought at Costco)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/4 cup hot water
2 cups quick rolled oats


Preheat oven to 350 degrees on convection bake.  In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and vanilla. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.  Slowly add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture.  Then add the water and rolled oats.  Mix well. Scoop out onto parchment lined baking sheets with a small sized ice cream scoop.  Press down slightly.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  This makes approximately 22 cookies.

#Oatmeal #Cookie #DairyFree #EggFree



No comments:

Post a Comment