Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Green Beans


Our Garden
                                                               

Yummy Green Beans

Boiled Beans with Butter
Boiled Beans 

Nothing like fresh beans from the garden, boiled in salted water, strained, and served with a little butter and salt. I could eat the whole bowl!  :D 

Green Bean and Onion
Green Bean and Onion

In a pot, saute sliced onions in olive oil until softened. Add the green beans, stir into the olive oil and onion. Add salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and parsley. Add 1/2 cup of water and simmer, partially covered, until desired tenderness is reached.
These beans were from last year's garden that we saved with our food saver. They tasted so fresh! 


Green Beans with Fresh Tomatoes
 
Green Beans with Fresh Tomatoes

A little variation to the green bean and onion recipe by adding fresh tomato. This is the way my mom likes to make them. :D

#Beans #Veggies #GreenBeans



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I love green beans! I haven't tried the one with onion, I think that sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete