Monday, December 8, 2014

Assorted Stromboli

I can't believe I had never heard of a stromboli especially since this family loves anything 'pizza ish'. :D  I first saw this over at my friend Diane's facebook page Canning and Cooking at Home.  Here is the link to the recipe.  Now I make it all the time!  We love it!  The following are a few of our favourites which, of course, have been 'Christine'd'.  :D

Assorted Cold Cuts, Cheese, Pepperoni, and Pizza Sauce
Ready for the Oven
One for the boys with hot salami, hot mortadella, ham, spicy pizza sauce, swiss, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese; can you sense why it's the boy's pizza? The other one was with ham, pizza sauce, mozzarella, and cheddar cheese.

Yum!



Trying one not braided
Thinly sliced kolbassa, hot and spicy pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and some velveeta sliced cheese for my daughter. :D
Leftover Chicken, Caesar Salad Dressing, and Cheese
For this, I chopped up the leftover chicken and put it into a large bowl, to the chicken I added about half a 500g bar of mozzarella cheese, grated, and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Mixed it up and set it aside. I rolled out the pizza dough, usually this will make me two 14 inch pizzas but I decided to make one giant stromboli. I placed the chicken mixture down the centre of the rolled out dough and then poured about 1/2 cup of the caesar salad dressing over the top. I then braided the dough over top of the mixture. Transferred the stromboli to a foil lined pan that I lightly brushed with olive oil. I brushed egg over top of the dough and sprinkled some garlic powder and parsley over top. I baked it in a preheated 400º oven for about 25 minutes on the centre rack.

Chicken Caesar Stromboli with Caesar Salad
#Stromboli #Pizza


2 comments:

  1. Well this ROCKS! I love stromboli, I will have to try this and the Chicken Caesar, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Let me know what you think when you do. :D

      Delete