Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Ginger Cookies

I have been making these cookies for years and get requests for them all the time. These are a family favourite and I make them year round but I absolutely have to make them for Christmas.  It is apparently some sort of law in this house. :D  I will make three or four batches at a time because they do not last very long around here.  They freeze really well too! (If there are even any left to put into the freezer. :p)
Ginger Cookies
3/4 cup salted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup molasses

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon (can use 2 tsp of cinnamon depending upon your taste)
1/2 tsp salt

Sugar (to roll the cookie balls in)

Cream the butter and sugar.  Add egg and mix.  Mix in the molasses.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt.  Add this to the butter mixture and mix well.  Using a small sized ice cream scoop, place the dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.  Slice the scooped dough in half, shape into balls and roll in sugar.  Press down slightly.  Bake in a 350 degree convection oven for approximately 12 minutes for softer cookies, longer, for a crisper cookie. 


#Cookies #Ginger #Christmas



8 comments:

  1. Pin, Tweet, Facebook shared this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine for Gord's Birthday cookies. I ate almost all of them so now I have to make some more so he can have some. They were absoutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm so glad you liked them! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh I adore these Christine!! I really want to make them someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making more this week...the other batches disappeared! :D

      Delete