Monday, December 1, 2014

Ma's Meatloaf (Recipe from my Mother-in-law)

You will come to notice in future posts that recipes given to me by my mom and mother-in-law will not have specific measurements. Welcome to my world. lol Nevertheless the food is always fantastic and I hope to be able to cook as well as they do when I grow up. :P

Ground beef (I used approx 4 lbs of ground beef so that I could have two loaves).
Breadcrumbs
Oregano
Parsley
Mint
Salt
Pepper
Garlic, minced
Onion, grated
Olive oil
Tomato sauce (If making two loaves you will need 2 cans--(approx. 6 cups of sauce)--a little over half of one can (approx. 2 cups), to go into the meatloaf mixture and the rest to pour over top so that you can have some sauce to put onto the mashed potatoes).


Three Hard boiled eggs (optional)*

In a bowl, combine the ground beef with breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley, mint, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, olive oil (about 2 tbsp if making two loaves), and a little bit of the tomato sauce (a little over half a can if making two loaves).  Put meat mixture in a deep pan to make a loaf or loaves.



Meat Loaves--one with egg, one without (I added some homemade sauce into these ones)
*If using the hard boiled eggs, flatten the meatloaf to make room for eggs. Cover the eggs by lifting up the meat on both sides of the egg and sealing to make a loaf. I usually turn the loaf over to have the smoother side on top.

Drizzle some olive oil over top of the meatloaf and then pour the tomato sauce over top.

Drizzle some olive oil and then pour some tomato sauce over top
Put a little bit of water in the pan (about 1 cup). Bake uncovered in oven 350 degrees for approx. 60 minutes. You may need more time depending upon how thick your loaves are.  I usually serve this with mashed potatoes that I top with the tomato sauce from the pan.


Meatloaf with Egg, Mashed Potatoes, and Corn
#Beef #Meatloaf

***Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes?  No problem.  Click here.  :D

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping in and linking up with us this week on #TheWeekendSocial. We love your ideas and hope to see you again this weekend on KitchenDreaming.com. We have pinned, stumbled & shared your link across our Social Media, FB, G+ and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete