Monday, January 19, 2015

Easy Potato and Leek Soup (2 ways)

Left as is and no cream added...very yummy!
8 potatoes, peeled and cubed

4 cups vegetable broth (I use 2 vegetable cubes dissolved into 4 cups of  boiled water)**

3 cups of sliced leeks

1 cup of half and half cream (10%)

Olive oil

In a large pot, bring potatoes and vegetable broth to a boil.  Cook potatoes until tender.  In a frying pan, sauté the leeks in olive oil for about 10 minutes.  Once the potatoes are tender add the sautéed leeks and stir to blend.  You can leave the soup as it is or use your immersion blender for a bit, leave some potato and leek chunks, if you like, and then stir in the cream.  As you can see in the picture below we like our soup to be really thick, but you can always add more vegetable broth.  :)  As always have fun with it and make it your own.  I have also used chicken broth and have added corn, peas, and/or carrots as well. 

Blended and cream added...also very yummy!
**If you have seen my soup recipes you will notice that I am a big fan of organic vegetable cubes.  I use them a lot. :D  The cubes that I use have salt and lots of flavour so I don't need to add anything else to the broth.   

#Soup #Leeks #Potato 


No comments:

Post a Comment