Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Pancakes

Pancakes
I've been making this recipe for my kiddies for over 15 years.

Ingredients:

2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt: set aside. In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs lightly. Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla. Gradually pour milk mixture into dry ingredients, whisking continually, just until dry ingredients are moistened and only a few lumps remain. I try to let the batter 'rest' for a few minutes. Cook on LOW heat in lightly greased pan; I use an 8 inch frying pan to make jumbo pancakes and to scoop out the batter I use a large ice cream scoop. Cook the pancake until bubbles form on the surface--2 to 3 minutes. Flip. The pancakes in the photo were topped with homemade maple syrup made by my hubby and bro-in-laws.

Pancakes with Fresh Strawberries
#Breakfast #Pancakes

2 comments: