Monday, January 5, 2015

'Purple Plum' Pie

Okay, I know they are prunes but 'purple plums' sound so much better.  No?  :D
'Purple Plum' Pie 

You will need two 9 inch pie shells. I like to make my shells ahead of time and freeze them. I use tenderflake lard and make according to the recipe on the box.

Extra Pie Shells for the Freezer
4 cups of prunes, peeled, cut up and pitted
1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Sugar to sprinkle on top crust

In a large bowl, mix prunes, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Turn into pie shell. Dampen crust edges and lay top crust over. Trim and crimp to seal. Cut slits in top. Sprinkle with sugar. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet to catch any overflow during baking. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes until browned and the fruit is cooked.
NOTE: I like to make extra pies and freeze them unbaked for later. These I will bake from frozen at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes and then lower the temperature to 350 for about 45 minutes. 


#Prune #Pie #PurplePlums

No comments:

Post a Comment