Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found this recipe waaaay back in 1996 in the T.V. Guide.  Of course it's been 'Christine'd' a bit over the years.  :)  I like to use an ice cream scoop to measure out the cookie dough (to get nice even-sized cookies), and I bake in a convection oven at 350 degrees until golden. The baking time will depend upon the size of scoop.  I've made this cookie dough with milk chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch, and mint chocolate chips.  You can also add cocoa powder and make a chocolate chocolate chip cookie.  (If I add in 1/2 cup of cocoa powder I will take out 1/2 cup of the flour.) There are so many yummy possibilities!  This cookie also freezes really well.  I wait until they have cooled and then place them in bins with waxed paper in between the layers.  They are good for 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
From T.V. Guide 

Milk Chocolate Chips

50/50 Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip?  Chocolate Chocolate Chip?  Can't decide?  How about both?  JUMBO size!

Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Chocolate Chip with Semi-Sweet and White Chocolate Chips


50/50 Chocolate Chip Cookies

I like to make a lot of cookies so I can freeze some for later so for the 50/50 cookies I made two double batches of dough, one regular with semi-sweet chocolate chips, and one with cocoa powder and a mixture of semi-sweet and white chocolate chips.  I used my ice cream scoop (18-8).  I bake 3 trays at a time at 350 degrees convection for about 17 minutes.  My oven is getting old so sometimes the top rack is done first and I have to move the bottom tray up and bake that tray and the middle tray a few minutes more.  

#Cookies #ChocolateChip 

No comments:

Post a Comment