Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Quick and Easy Teriyaki Veggies on Brown Rice

Teriyaki Veggies on Brown Rice
First thing I did was start the brown rice. I measured two cups of brown rice into a strainer, rinsed it under running water, and then put it into a pot. I added four cups of water and two organic vegetable cubes and waited for it to boil, stirring occasionally. Once the water boiled, I turned the heat down to low and let it simmer with the lid half on until the water was gone. I then chopped up some sweet pepper, portobello mushrooms, and onion and took out some stir fry veggies from the freezer (bought from Costco) and threw them all into the wok which had a little olive oil in it. While the veggies, and rice were cooking, I made some teriyaki sauce.

Teriyaki Sauce

Ingredients
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 -2 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
Directions
Mix all but cornstarch and 1/4c water in a sauce pan and begin heating.
Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and dissolve. Add to sauce in pan.
Heat until sauce thickens to desired thickness.

Once the veggies were ready, I poured the teriyaki sauce in, stirred it up, and served the teriyaki veggies over the rice.  Very yummy.  :D


#Rice #Teriyaki #Vegetables

2 comments: