Monday, March 2, 2015

Refrigerator Red Plum Jam

Refrigerator Red Plum Jam
I made some jam!  We had so many red plums from our trees this year that I was able to experiment with a lot of ideas for new recipes.  Yay!  I put 8 cups of peeled cut up plums into a large pot.  I then added 1 cup of water, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp of cinnamon, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, and the juice of 1 lemon.  I mixed all of this together bringing it to a slow boil while the sugar dissolved.  Then I let it simmer on medium/high heat while stirring constantly.  After letting it simmer for awhile, I started testing to see if the jam was ready by putting a spoonful on a saucer and placing it into the freezer for a few minutes so I could see if it reached the thickness that I liked.  I love this jam; it reminds me of sweet tarts candy!  The good thing is everyone loved it.  The bad thing is, everyone loved it.  lol They were eating it warm right from the pot, (on bread, over ice cream, by the spoonful), so I don't know how many jars it would have made.  

Red Plums from our trees.

Our plum trees.
#Plums #Jam

No comments:

Post a Comment