Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cherry Tomato Sauce

I made an amazing pasta sauce; 'winging it' just like my mama! I had red onion, red pepper, half a chili pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes, (mostly cherry), from the garden and diced them all up. In a large pot I poured in some olive oil and put in everything but the tomatoes. I sautéed the vegetables for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly; then stirred in the tomatoes. To this I added salt, a couple of tbsp of sugar, pepper, oregano, basil, and steak spice. I let this simmer with the lid half off for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. While the sauce was simmering, I made the spaghetti. Once the sauce was ready I poured the strained spaghetti into the pot and stirred it into the sauce. The kids said it was the best sauce I had ever made! Half of us had mizithra (Greek cheese) and the others had parmesan cheese on top. It was really tasty! 

Veggies

Cherry Tomato Sauce 

Tomatoes from last year's garden
#cherrytomatoes #tomato #sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment