Friday, June 12, 2015

Homemade Focaccia Bread


I am so excited to share this recipe with you today.  I can't believe I've kept this yummyness to myself for a few weeks now, it was really killing me not to be able to show you sooner.  This is part of a Freaky Friday Recipe Swap where a group of us were each assigned a blog to cook/bake from and today we are all spilling the beans, so to speak.  ;) 

I was lucky enough to be able to choose a recipe from Café Terra and let me tell you it wasn't easy to pick just one!  I really like pumpkin, so when I saw the Pumpkin Zucchini Bread with Cardamom and the Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls I was ready to jump into the kitchen and start baking but then I saw the Homemade Focaccia Bread  and I felt like I hit the jackpot!  Let me tell you it was fabulous and gone within an hour! We will definitely be making this again and again!  



Rosemary and Olives--Great Combination

Dough Rising

Ready for the oven

Could this be classified as one piece?  :P

One piece for you, two for me!

So good!

Oh and did you know that Terra is an author!  Her third book is going to be released in July.  This is one talented lady.  I can't wait to read her books but for now I think I'm going to go out and buy me some pumpkin puree. ;)

#FreakyFriday #focaccia #bread #rosemary #olives #CafeTerra


32 comments:

  1. What a pretty presentation! Trying this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candi! It was so gooood! :D

      Delete
  2. I rarely make homemade bread but I can't wait to try this one! Plus, focaccia and my tastebuds always get along! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, this recipe is so easy to make. I know I will be making bread more often now. Focaccia is gooood! :D

      Delete
  3. Ive never made focaccia but this sounds amazing! Going on my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time making focaccia but definitely not my last. It was so good and so easy! :D

      Delete
  4. Bet this focaccia smells wonderful baking in the oven! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love focaccia...just the thought of smelling it baking is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house smelled wonderful Michelle..the kids could barely wait for me to take it out of the oven. ;)

      Delete
  6. I love homemade focaccia. Yours turned out wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thrilled to see you participating in Freaky Friday!
    I adore Terra and all of her recipes, it would be hard to pick just one! I love this one, and I have never made a focaccia bread. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! It was fun! My family loved this recipe! They are waiting for me to make it again. :D

      Delete
  8. Christine, I love this! I have never made focaccia, but I LOVE to eat it! I will totally be trying this one soon! Great pick, so happy to have you in our group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michaela and thank you for having me! This is an awesome recipe and I can't wait to make it again. :D

      Delete
  9. Great recipe choice! Fresh out of the oven the best! Love all the other recipes you highlighted too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra! I can't wait to make the pumpkin ones! :D

      Delete
  10. I've never made focaccia bread at home LOVE to eat it out, though. I'm definitely going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good Christie! Planning to make it again real soon. :D

      Delete
  11. This focaccia looks amazing, Christine! I had Terra on the last Freaky Friday - her recipes are just wonderful :) Great job with this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so delicious Christine!! I love Focaccia :) I know how you felt because I had to keep your amazing recipe a secret until Friday too!
    I'll definitely have to try this recipe next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dini! I LOVED your version of the Greek Chicken recipe! You are going to love the Focaccia, it's so good. :D

      Delete
  13. Oh yum! I need to make this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM! I love to eat focaccia but have never made it at home. Definitely need to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good! And, I bet it would be lovely served as a sandwich bread with some yummy fillings!

    ReplyDelete