Friday, February 5, 2016

Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits

Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits
A new family favourite!  The recipe is from I Wash... You Dry. These Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits are so good and really easy to make.  As you know I do change recipes a bit to suit my family's tastes, and the original recipe is really good, but I'm going to tell you how I changed it for us because hey, it's what I do. :P 

First of all I doubled the recipe...yes they are that good! :D  

4 1/2 cups of self rising flour (Brodie XXX)
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp parsley
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup butter, melted**

3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I used Balderson Royal Canadian Cheddar--aged 2 years--from Costco)


1/2 cup butter, melted**
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley 

**I use salted butter, we like it that way.  :D  

Combine the first set of ingredients in a large bowl in the order listed.  Stir with a sturdy spoon and then add in the cheese. The dough will be pretty thick but soft so I mixed in the cheese by hand.  I used my handy dandy ice cream scoop to place my biscuits upon my three parchment lined baking sheets.  (With my ice cream scoop I made 32 biscuits.) I baked the three trays at 375 degrees convection for about 13 minutes and then took the top tray out and rotated the third tray up to top and baked the two remaining trays for about 1 1/2 minutes more. (Baking time will depend upon size of biscuits.)  Combine the melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl and brush the biscuits once they are baked.  These are really yummy warm but are not too bad cold either. They also freeze really well if you want to make ahead. As you can see below, we like them with our chili. :D 

Chili and Biscuits
Just out of the oven.
#biscuits #cheddar #iwashyoudry #cheese #garlic

2 comments:

  1. I love biscuits and hate kneading, my family will love these!!!

    ReplyDelete