Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Ridiculously Easy Chicken Pot Pie


A yummy slice of  Ridiculously Easy Chicken Pot Pie

I have been wanting to try this for awhile.  This past week I had my chance because I had some leftover Crock Pot Chicken!  :D  I found this recipe over at College Fashion from The Chic Chef. Ridiculously Easy Chicken Pot Pie, (of course she had me at ridiculously easy), is really easy!  


Leftover Crock Pot Chicken

Celery, Carrots, 1/2 a Red Onion, Garlic, and 1/2 a Red Pepper

Adding in the Chicken Broth...this would make a great soup as well!
For the broth I used my favourite organic chicken cubes (2 cubes dissolved into 3 cups of water).  I didn't add any extra salt because the cubes had enough in them.  I also added 1 tsp of Montreal Chicken Spice, 1/4 tsp of oregano, and a dash of turmeric, garlic powder, and black pepper.

So good!

It's so handy to have extra pie shells in the freezer.

I didn't have a deep dish shell so I made one nine inch and two six inch pies.
The Chic Chef also suggested some variations with leftover turkey, leftover pot roast, or even browned hamburger meat!  This is a great 'leftover makeover' recipe.  Can't wait to try these as well. Time to make more pie shells. :P

#leftovers #chicken #potpie #collegefashion #thechicchef 

No comments:

Post a Comment